Saturday, September 23, 2006

JUST WHAT DOES LOL MEAN ?

Yesterdays Submissions :

ACRONYMS--

BBFF {acro.} ....Butt Based Fact File " You just reach around and pull that crap outa your ass."
Author : Colorado Bob

IIRC: {acro}....If I Recall Correctly
Author: unknown

IMHO:{acro}...In My Humble Opinion
Author: unknown

IMNSHO:{acro} ... In My Not So Humble Opinion
Author: The Janitor

LOL {acro}...Laugh Out Loud; It's original definition was "Laughing out loud" (also written occasionally as "Lots of Laughs"), used as a brief acronym to denote great amusement in chat conversations.

Now, it is overused to the point where nobody laughs out loud when they say it. In fact, they probably don't even give a shit about what you just wrote. More accurately, the acronym "lol" should be redefined as "Lack of laughter."

Depending on the chatter, its definition may vary. The list of its meanings includes, but is not limited to:
1) "I have nothing worthwhile to contribute to this conversation."
2) "I'm too lazy to read what you just wrote so I'm typing something useless in hopes that you'll think I'm still paying attention."
3) "Your statement lacks even the vaguest trace of humor but I'll pretend I'm amused."
4) "This is a pointless acronym I'm sticking in my sentence just because it's become so engraved into my mind that when chatting, I MUST use the meaningless sentence-filler 'lol.'"

Author Unknown

ROFL {acro} .... Rolling On Floor Laughing
Author : Unknown

ROFLMAO:{acro} ... Rolling On the Floor Laughing My Ass Off
Author: unknown

Words--

TROLL; {N}
Some asshole that comes around your site and bothers people.
Author : unknown

PHRASES--

SENATOR STEVEN'S PLUMBING :
The internet ;
From this quote by Sen. Ted Stevens {R} Alaska ; " I know what the internet is ...it's a series of pipes."
{We here at the Dictionary couldn't have said better ourselves}

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mouse [N] - An anonymous poster who pops up on a message board, leaves a post or a link, then scurries away. Author: unknown.

Batshit [Adj.] - Loony. Typically used to describe a person or group of people who have lost their tenuous grip on reality. Author: unknown.

OMG [Acro.] - Oh My God. Either used as an expression of surprise (OMG Jane got engaged!) or to mock those who act surpised at the commonplace (OMG Starbucks sells tall coffees!). Author: unknown

STFU [Acro.] - Shut The F*** Up. Self-explanatory. Author: unknown

9/23/2006 02:52:00 AM  
Blogger COLORADO BOB said...

Nice work Trekkie....

Hope to see more.

9/23/2006 03:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home